The Office of the Vice President for Research and Graduate Studies:
- promotes the increase in quality and quantity of Michigan State University research by providing many types of support, such as:
- seed funding for promising research and creative activity
- coordination and support of the research grant proposal process
- the latest research training, facilities and infrastructure
- proactive opportunities for sponsored research
- protection and licensing of intellectual property
- support for scale-up and commercialization of ideas, and
- recognition of research excellence in faculty recruitment, retention, and career development
- oversees the ethical conduct of research, including conflict of interest issues
- implements university policies relevant to research and creative activities
- enhances the safety of researchers and research subjects
- assures compliance with state and federal regulations regarding research
- seeks ways to contribute to the state’s economic development by leveraging the university's intellectual capital.
For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (517) 355-0306.