Proposal Writing Resources
The MSU Research Facilitation and Dissemination unit within the Office of the Vice President for Research and Graduate Studies provides grant writing assistance for approved cross-disciplinary, all-university, or multi-department proposals. Contact Loraine Hudson, director of the Office for Research Facilitation and Dissemination, (517) 432-4499 or email@example.com.
The Institute for Cyber-Enabled Research (iCER) provides a common structure for researchers from across academia and industry to work on how computation can better their research. iCER staff is available for discussions and support when preparing grant applications. Please fill out the form found at http://rt.hpcc.msu.edu/cgi-bin/contact.pl to make an appointment.
The Writing Center at MSU is a free service to all members of the Michigan State community. They help with fiction, non-fiction, or digital media projects at any stage of the writing process - brainstorming and planning, organization, as well as polishing the final draft.
MSU Authorship Guidelines
MSU has provided authorship guidelines to help faculty consider important issues surrounding authorship when collaborating with scholars to construct a piece of work for public distribution.
Foundation Center (external)
The Foundation Center publishes books and offers training courses, both online and in the classroom at various levels, to help researchers write more competititve - and successful - grant proposals.
Other Useful Links
- NIH Grant Writing Tips Sheets
- Center for Scientific Review Webinars for NIH applicants
- NIH Grant Review Process Videos
- NSF Guide for Proposal Writing
- NSF Grant Reviewer Tells All
- EPA General Tips on Writing a Competitive Grant Proposal
- USDA General Grant Writing Tips for Success
- U.S. Department of Education Grant Writing Tips
- Foundation Center Learn About Proposal Writing