Institute or Center Information Form
Creating a New Institute or Center
Complete the form below. (Please print a copy for your records before you "submit" the form.) The process for approval is:
- When you submit this form, the Office of the Vice President for Research and Graduate Studies will send it to the relevant research associate dean(s) for approval.
- If the relevant research associate dean(s) approves the request, the vice president for Research and Graduate Studies will review it.
- If the request is approved, it will then be sent to the Office of the Provost for approval of the name.
- If the provost approves the name of the center or institute, the provost will then submit the request (institutes only) to the MSU Board of Trustees . Requests for new institutes require Board of Trustees approval, as stated in the Board of Trustees Bylaws, Article 6.
If you wish to check on the status of your request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the center or institute has been approved, the director and responsible administrator will receive an email notification.
Review and Renewal of a Center or Institute:
- Institutes or cross-college centers will be required to submit an annual report to the OVPRGS.
- Centers within one college will be reviewed annually by the relevant research associate dean. The outcome of this review will be communicated to the Offoce of the Vice President for Research and Graduate Studies.
In most cases, all centers will be reviewed every five years.